The future of two major Marlborough events hangs in the balance amid coronavirus fears.
Organisers behind the popular Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon and Feast Marlborough are waiting for a government announcement on guidelines for large events.
No final decisions have been made as the number of Covid-19 cases in New Zealand rises to eight.
The move comes just three days after the last-minute cancellation of the annual Framingham Harvest Concert amid fears over the spread of Covid-19.
In an online post, Saint Clair say they have had “a number of enquiries” from people worried the May event will be cancelled.
“At this stage, we are watching the situation closely and we expect a government announcement on events in the coming days.
“We will be following their guidance on this and will update our plans accordingly. We will keep our entrants fully informed as the situation evolves.
“We will follow standard practice regarding cancellation of events, should government advice be to cancel public events.”
Feast Marlborough staff say they are closely monitoring the situation “as a matter of urgency.”
The event is scheduled to take place in May.
Shipwrecks Kidsworld in Picton is temporarily ceasing operations, shitting its doors last week.
Only parties alre4day booked will be allowed to go ahead.
“The health and safety of our young customers is extremely important to us.
“We thank you for your support over the past few years and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future,” says a spokeswoman.
Nelson Marlborough Health say there are no confirmed cases of the illness in the region.
“There are no confirmed cases in the Nelson Marlborough region and the Ministry of Health emphasises that, with continued vigilance, the chance of widespread community outbreak is expected to remain low.
People who have symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath should stay at home and seek medical advice from Healthline,” says a spokeswoman.
People with symptoms should call ahead before going to a GP clinic, pharmacy or hospital department.
New border measures are in place as of Monday. Most travellers arriving in New Zealand are now required to self-isolate for two weeks.
Phone the free Healthline number for specialised Coronavirus advice: 0800 358 5453